This is your moment
What to wear?
We recommend a maximum of 2 outfits for your engagement session to ensure that we have plenty of time to capture both looks before sunset! While you change for your engagement session, I will use that downtime to photograph your rings.
We recommend the following for your engagement session attire:
- Neutrals such as blush, tans, link pinks, faint blues and teals, creams, grays and whites will always result in more of a light and airy look to your images. Fall colors will give you warmer images. These colors photograph softer and provide a more romantic feel.
- If you want a soft, feminine look, I recommend a flowing, maxi-length dress or skirt. The movement of this type of fabric photographs beautifully!
- When choosing your two looks, we recommend a formal or dressier outfit and a more casual outfit so that you have plenty of variety to choose from later!
- The goal is to COORDINATE instead of MATCHING! We also recommend against both of you wearing white tops. This won’t allow for any contrast in your images.
-We recommend that you avoid patterns smaller than a dime. These small patterns can create strange visual effects in a digital camera that distract from the overall image. Close-toed shoes photograph well, and please avoid graphic tees and tennis shoes.
- We recommend that you wear something that flatters the parts of you that you love the most and allows you to feel confident. I We all have insecurities, so choosing an outfit that you feel comfortable and confident in is key to reducing stress during your session and will ensure that you love your portraits for years to come.
Hair & Makeup
Getting Hair & Makeup Can Make You Feel More Confident! For some people, getting their hair and makeup done can make them feel more confident. Not everybody spends a ton of time in front of the camera, so having these beauty treatments done can give you an extra boost of confidence. If you are camera shy, getting your makeup done can make you feel more comfortable in front of the camera.
Some of my Favorite HMUA
Moriah Justin @Moriahjustin
Cz & Co. @czandco