This is your moment
What to wear?
We recommend the following for your family session:
Let's start with colors!
- Neutrals such as blush, tans, link pinks, faint blues and teals, creams, grays and whites will always result in more of a light and airy look to your images. Fall colors will give you warmer images. I always love muted colors as they photograph nicer than over saturated colors. These colors photograph softer and provide a more romantic feel.
-Colors to avoid: Bright reds, yellows, or oranges. Instead go for maroon, mustard yellow, or burnt orange.
-Make sure to include light and dark colors. Variety will help everyone stand out and not blend into one another.
Find your inspiration
- Once you have your desired color scheme, Pinterest is your best friend! Search for those colors and make note of what stands out to you.
- The goal is to COORDINATE instead of MATCHING! Start with Mom and/or daughters & then find pieces that will be complimentary.
- Don't forget about the shoes.
-Ask me about my client closet! I have options for you to borrow as well.
-We recommend that you avoid patterns smaller than a dime. These small patterns can create strange visual effects in a digital camera that distract from the overall image. Close-toed shoes photograph well, and please avoid graphic tees and tennis shoes.
- We recommend that you wear something that flatters the parts of you that you love the most and allows you to feel confident. We all have insecurities, so choosing an outfit that you feel comfortable and confident in is key to reducing stress during your session and will ensure that you love your portraits for years to come.
If you want to elevate your portraits, here are a few vendors that can help!
Getting hair & makeup can make you feel more confident!
Some of my Favorite HMUA
Moriah Justin @Moriahjustin
Carly Sparks @hairbycarlysparks
Renting dresses takes the guess work out & increase the elegance of your portraits.
Check out these dress makers
Dalliance Bespoke @dallianebespoke
Utah Dress Rentals @thewanderingdresses
Florals & Rentals
Emily's Backyard Blooms @emilysbackyardblooms
Rad Designs and Rentals @radrentals.co